Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fabric Scrap Wreath

Ladies and gentleman, introducing The Colorful Scrap Wreath. 

I found a wire wreath frame (it looks like this, with 4 concentric, slightly raised wire circles) at Joann’s and it jumped into my shopping bag because a) I’d never seen a non straw/grapevine/styrofoam one before and b) it was $2 or so. 

Here’s how to make the wreath: cut your fabric scraps into pieces about 1- 1 1/2″ wide by 5″ long. Tie them around the form. 

Repeat 200+ times. Trim the scrap ends and fluff up the wreath as desired. Sew adornments on to front of wreath (I happen to have a bag of crochet swatches from a big project I was working on, so I used some of them.

Bows, flowers, birdies, and rickrack would also suffice). If I had it to do again, I might try to stick to all green scraps, but it’s fun to look at all those fabrics from my scrap bin….





No comments:

Post a Comment